We are seeking a new member of the Happy to Help team to provide support to older people in their own homes with cleaning, bill paying, shopping and/or pension collection to help them to live independently. No personal care is provided. Clients are based in Low Fell, Wardely, Bill Quay and surrounding areas in Gateshead.
Starting at 10hrs per week with potential to increase. Hours are worked between Monday to Friday, 8:30am and 4:40pm and rotas can be created around your commitments.
£8.91 per hour plus mileage expenses.
Candidates must have access to their own vehicle. Mileage expenses are paid by Happy to Help.
- Good geographical knowledge of Gateshead borough
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or use initiative when working alone
- Continuity and reliability
- Honesty and integrity
Priorities in caring for clients
- Conduct oneself in a respectful manner to promote and ensure the good reputation of Happy To Help.
- To carry out specific requests from clients with reference to housework chores.
- To perform shopping tasks, bill paying and pension collection quickly and effectively if required.
- Report immediately to the office any cause for concern that occurs during the time that you are at any client’s home.
- To abide by company policy and procedure at all times, particularly in regards to safeguarding and confidentiality concerning and clients and staff in any matters relating to work
- Participate in staff meetings and attend training sessions if and when required.
- Report to the office any faulty appliances, accidental damage that may cause potential hazards.
- To return all monies and timesheets to head office by 12 noon, Mondays.
This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To find out more about what it's like to be a home help assistant, our blog shares more information.
How to Apply
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 26th September 2021.
This role requires the successful candidate to have a DBS check, payable by the candidate.